Wednesday, April 13, 2011

2011 USA Weightlifting Collegiate Nationals

2011 USA Weightlifting Collegiate Nationals

I competed in the 77kg weight class and made 5/6 lifts. Bodyweight was 76.53 and I really didn't have to "cut" to make weight, just made sure to not eat or drink anything until I weighed in.

The results
Representing UW-River Falls
6th place - 242kg total (5th place was Chris Kim(LSUS) with 244kg but also lighter)
Snatch- 100,105,107PR
C&J- 130,135,137(no lift)




I was +9KG up on my total from last year which is good. I was also 2KG shy of the 244KG total needed to qualify for Senior Nationals in Council Bluffs, IA in early July. I qualified last year and I can do it again. There may be a small local meet in Waterloo, IA later this month which would be another opportunity to qualify and also my coach Brian Derwin mentioned a possible qualifier meet at Team Spartacus Headquarters.I feel confident in opening with 105/130 in the future for snatch and C&J. My snatch has just been on lately, I've even done 110 in training. It's my jerk that gives me trouble, I can clean more than I can jerk. My best clean ever is 144KG done in Montana with Steve Gough and Mike Karchut present. I can also front squat a ton, my best is 170KG done at SWSC in front of Adam Rozmenoski. My best C&J ever is 139KG, done in Carroll, IA to qualify for Nationals last year.

The 110 snatch was done a few weeks before Collegiate's. I'm pretty sure I was watching the move Blue Chips, which happens to have Dick Vitale in it. He's always saying things like "it's gonna be awesome, baby" or "the big 10, baby". He always says baby. Somehow I think that got in my head from the movie, so this is what I'd like to call the Dick Vitale snatch because I say "110 baby" after I do it. This lift was done in Rochester, MN while training with Adam Rozmenoski.

No comments:

Post a Comment