Friday, October 11, 2013

My personal journey

It may surprise some of you, maybe not to some others....that I was a spastic fireball with legs from about the age I was born up until my early teen years. My parents even took me to a shrink when I was maybe 10 or 12. Not much was said, I wasn't in touch with anything that was going on. I just knew my brothers pissed me off a lot and we would fight and try to kill each other. I grew up with two brothers and no sisters. With my dad included, that's four males in a house and one female being my mom. Both my parents worked so that left a lot of time for three brothers to basically go primal rage on each other daily. And I was smack dab in the middle, the middle of three brothers. The youngest was the sentimental one, the oldest had the authority, and I was just crazy. I punched and kicked so many holes in sheet rock walls of our house that it's just embarrassing looking back. My parents not only worked, they worked two jobs each because they ran a restaurant/bed and breakfast on the side. There was one thing that leveled me out back then and that was rollerblading. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment