Sunday, August 11, 2013

Exercise your body, not your mouth

I've recently arrived at the conclusion once again that I can not carry on conversations and lift to my potential. In other words, exercising my mouth is getting in the way of me exercising my body. This is a single minded approach. In this way there is a time to talk and there is a time to lift and they don't go together. Training is work and it is not play. If people wish to talk they can call each other on the phone, they can arrange to see each other socially, and in those ways it will be much more meaningful. Your training will be more meaningful and what you do outside of training will be more meaningful, it's win win. Here is the odd part, most of the people who talk to me at the gym I never see outside of the gym. They don't call me, I don't eat meals with them, I don't even share a car ride with them. In this instance, what is occurring is what I like to call bullshitting, people are shooting the shit with me because they think it is a duty to make conversation. At the gym that's not true. People are at the gym to better themselves, to do work in hope of accomplishing their goals and when you distract them you are hurting them. You may be at the gym to look nice, or compensate for the beers you drink every friday and saturday night, but others are at they gym purposefully as a sport and it's practice to them. Respect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment