Saturday, May 7, 2011

140 C&J

I clean and jerked 140 last night. My jerk has never felt so on. I think I was even jumping forward on some of my cleans, I was just a whole different lifter last night. This was a lifetime personal record for me. I've cleaned that weight many times in the last year but I've never jerked it. I took a stab at 142, but only did the ol' clean and dump.
Snatch didn't go as well, it took me a few times to make 105, and then I deadlifted 108. I was thinking how people call doing that, deadlifting an attempt, a 'Clark'. So, if you are practicing deadlifts, you are in fact practicing 'Clarks'.
I am now attempting what would make a 250 total in training and hittin' 245. Next Sunday is the meet to qualify for nationals. I need 244. Nationals are in Council Bluffs, IA. My home state! I really want to compete in my home state at nationals. I may even have to cut a mullet come July, one that even Jared Enderton would envy.
My jerks were just so hot last night. What I was doing was relaxing so much before the start of the clean, then I fast twitch the pull, I catch and rise up from the clean, this is where I changed something. I again relax with the bar on my chest and get some air, I hold it while still relaxed, and then I fast twitch the jerk. This going from relaxed to fast twitch is essential. If I am tight before the start of either the clean or the jerk, then the fast twitch is gone. Watch Kendrick Farris, he has it down pretty good. What I've found is that it's not so important to stay tight an entire lift, but more important to relax and quickly fire certain muscles at certain times. The more you can relax before firing the fast twitch stuff, the greater the reaction will be. It was working last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment