Saturday, May 18, 2013

Simple can be genius.


I'm affected by the weather and it's amazing the difference between winter me and summer me. I'm a guy that sometimes thinks too much, I'll admit it. Especially during the depressing fall and winter I've just failed to see the big picture, but lately the weather has taken a turn for the better and I'm starting to think clearly and see things how they really are. One thing that dawned on me lately, something that I should have never forgot is that the main thing that matters is the main thing. What does that mean you ask? It means that getting enough calories in general is probably more important than what I'm actually eating. Smart isn't always smart. For instance eating Paleo might be a smart move but not if it makes me underweight and unhealthy. It also means training consistently is more important than how I train. It means squatting is more important than the type of squat I do (front or back). First things first so to speak. Most of the time it's not about being smart, it's about being simple. Simple can be genius. 

No comments:

Post a Comment